Saturday, April 11, 2009

Back to Drawing


I decided to get back to my roots after hearing many comments following a 2-month showing of my work at a local bookstore. I have been doing much more oil painting, in recent years, instead of drawings. Most of the positive feedback came from people who really liked my drawings (both color and graphite). With some research, I found the Colored Pencil Society of America and entered this work in their April competition. I am now waiting to hear if it is accepted into the show.

This work pays homage to the famous work by Picasso, The Old Guitarist. I have always liked the composition of the work, but found it sad. Music is such a positive part of my life and the life of my family that I just had to put a more positive spin with The Young Guitarist. This work contrasts the original in many ways.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful piece. Good luck with the show!

    You're in the Friday Follower Spotlight on my blog today, come and see

    http://www.thepaintingadayproject.com

    ReplyDelete